Minerva Schools at KGI, based in San Francisco, California, offers a unique undergraduate experience for the brightest, most motivated students in the world. Minerva is committed to providing an unparalleled educational experience that will prepare global leaders and innovators for the 21st century. Minerva has a unique global residential model, which allows students to live and learn in the world's great cultural, economic and political hubs (Seoul, Hyderabad, Berlin, Buenos Aires, London and Taipei). Combining a reinvented curriculum, rigorous academic standards, cutting-edge technology, and an immersive global experience, Minerva provides an exceptional and accessible education to prepare future leaders and innovators across all disciplines. Minerva formed an alliance with Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) in 2013 to establish the Minerva Schools at KGI. KGI is a WASC-accredited educational institution offering advanced degrees in Applied Life Sciences and Pharmacy in addition to the five undergraduate and two graduate degrees offered by MSKGI.
Role: Student Services Coordinator
We are looking for an candidate with strong technology and organizational skills who is interested in serving students to coordinate Global Student Services at our headquarters in San Francisco. Student Services includes the following key areas of responsibility:
Enrollment Process: Implement and monitor the online non-academic enrollment process, called Prepare, through which all required documents are collected, updated and tracked so that required information is distributed each academic term.
Visa Services: Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) for all students, issue initial I-20 Certificate of Eligibility Forms, and authorize Curricular Practical Training (CPT); assist the Director of Global Student Services with coordination of visas to each country where students will live and study to ensure that each student has the proper authorization to enter and remain in each country for their studies there.
Student Records: Maintain student data for visas (where applicable) and other purposes working across teams.
Enrollment/Prepare Process and Fidelis
- Work with technology team to facilitate an efficient and high quality enrollment experience for students and staff.
- In collaboration with colleagues, continue to develop the content for Prepare modules
- Track student progress in Prepare process and effectively report important information to stakeholders
- Review all enrollment documents prior to each academic term
- Verify payment status, visa status, admissions documentation, residential agreements, insurance coverage, vaccinations, accommodations for students with disabilities and other pre-departure information; processing medical insurance waivers for qualified students.
- Work with Fidelis team to optimize staff use. (Fidelis is a separate communication tool that is used to keep track of student-related communications across the organization.)
- Coordinate process by which students apply for student visas
- Assist students with questions and concerns that arise during process of applying for student visas
- Monitor visa processes to ensure that all students obtain the necessary visas
- Handle visa documentation when students travel or seek to work in approved internships
- Serve as a Designated Service Officer (DSO) to facilitate visa application process and to counsel students regarding compliance with all federal and state regulations
- Maintain student records pertaining to visas and health insurance in Student Information System
- Communicate Student Services policies and procedures across Minerva staff
- Work closely with the Director of Enrollment Management and Advising to track all student status changes (withdrawals, leaves of absence, dismissals, etc.)
- Oversee student ID cards
General related to above
- Manage projects that span various global teams and keep everyone in sync.
- Train and supervise work-study students who assist with functions above.
- Communicate directly with students to address questions, concerns and challenges
- With supervisors, develop training and information material and videos for students in areas above.
Other Duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two to five years of experience working in education, professional or business setting.Highly organized and meticulous about detail
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technological tools
- High tolerance for change and continuous iteration
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong analytical ability to track complex data and create new systems where needed
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional and cross-cultural environments
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced context
- Commitment to a mission-driven highly innovative educational institution
- Has a student-centered approach to providing exceptional quality of service
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects against tight deadlines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident
Reporting and Internal Collaboration
- Position is at the MSKGI branch office in San Francisco, however remote work may be considered
- Reports to Director of Global Student Services
- Works extensively with students, usually remotely
- Works within Student Affairs and Operations and across Academic, Finance, and Product teams.
Salary and Benefits
- Position is full-time and available as of November 15, 2018
- Salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision