About Minerva Schools at KGI
Minerva offers a unique undergraduate experience for the brightest, most motivated students in the world. Combining a reinvented and rigorous curriculum, highly selective admissions, rigorous academic standards, cutting-edge technology, and an immersive global experience, Minerva provides an exceptional education to prepare future leaders and innovators across all disciplines. In 2013 Minerva formed an alliance with Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) to establish the Minerva Schools at KGI. KGI is an accredited institution offering graduate-level professional degrees in addition to the undergraduate degrees and two master’s degrees offered by the Minerva Schools.
Minerva undergraduate students come from all over the world to spend their first year in residence in San Francisco and then live and study in a different major world city every semester thereafter. These rich international experiences provide students with deep global understanding and skills.
Minerva is enrolling bright, talented and intensely curious students who will push themselves to grow intellectually and socially. In order to find and enroll these students, awareness about Minerva’s model and targeted outreach, particularly among key stakeholders, is essential.
For this role Minerva is looking for someone to grow our brand in Southeast Asia, to help lead regional outreach, partnerships, awareness-building, and relevant efforts in the ASEAN region (Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, The Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, etc.). The position requires dedication to an entrepreneurial environment, responsibility to re-imagine the outreach process, and the passion and drive to deliver impressive results. We want someone passionate about the future of higher education with a proven record engaging tomorrow’s leaders and a desire to build something lasting from scratch.
This role will report to the Managing Director, Asia and is based in the region. There will be extensive travel visiting students, parents, counselors, teachers, administrators and educational organizations across the country (expect ~50% of time out of the office).
- Develop the Minerva brand as the most respected and desired higher education name among key constituents in the region (students, parents, teacher/mentors, etc.).
- Refine and implement a student outreach plan reaching students across Southeast Asia.
- Work with Minerva's SF-based team to develop and implement marketing campaigns to connect with high potential students in the region.
- Develop partnerships to build awareness at scale and through dedicated, relevant channels.
- Help oversee regional student interns and engage Minerva students in outreach process.
- Speak on behalf of Minerva at conferences, events, and school visits.
- Work with Minerva's product and marketing teams to incorporate student, counselor and teacher feedback into the Minerva outreach process, producing detailed FAQs, demo videos, country-specific tools and more.
- Help advise on the admissions process, providing input on key acceptance criteria and implementing admission procedure so students can properly submit grades, transcripts, English assessment, visas, etc.
- Act as Minerva’s primary representative in Southeast Asia.
- As needed, assist regional leads with strategy, operational needs, communications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top US university
- Fluency in written and spoken English and at least one major regional language.
- At least 6-8 years work experience.
- Demonstrated success connecting with high school students for highly selective universities (at least two years experience). You should have a deep understanding of the student outreach and admissions world as well as a strong network of education organizations (public and private), guidance counselors, heads of school, scholarship organizations, etc.
- Marketing execution experience across the region’s relevant channels and platforms
- Background in fast-paced business (start-up) and education (mission-driven) environments.
- Experience working in cross-functional environment with fluency in marketing and operations.
- Excellent and persuasive presenter both in large groups and more intimate settings.
- Entrepreneurial drive and desire to build something lasting from the ground up.
- Self-starter with the ability not only to develop the right solutions but also to ask the right questions.
- Ability to work against tight deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Passionate about improving higher education and excited about Minerva's desire to reimagine the university experience.
How To Apply
To apply, please send
- 1) Your resume (or LinkedIn URL)
- 2) A cover letter or URL link to a portfolio of your work (that you believe best reflects your passions, competency, and skillset)