Minerva Project is looking for our first Chief Business Officer (“CBO”) who will be responsible for driving the development and execution of our partnerships, marketing, business development and revenue strategy. We are on an incredible growth trajectory fueled by the intellectual property developed through the building of the Minerva Schools at Keck Graduate Institute. The CBO will build a commercialization infrastructure and organization to drive market adoption and be responsible for revenue growth for the organization. The CBO will take a global perspective on market opportunities and lead in the assessment and prioritization of geographic as well as market segments. The CBO sits on the Minerva Project executive leadership team and must embrace the breadth of responsibilities in a rapidly growing organization.
In This Role You Will
● Drive the company to exceed revenue targets by executing and expanding upon our growth strategy
● Attract, retain, develop, and support exceptional talent in business development, marketing, creative, sales operations, account management and administrative functions
● Lead efforts building creative and unique business relationships with partners that result in all parties achieving business success
Executive Leadership: Deliver strategic leadership for defining the commercial path to growth and profitability of the company, and the establishment of an effective growth process and infrastructure. Develop collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit ofthe company’s overall business goals.
Partnership Development and Licensing: Develop and implement the company’s sales strategy across key market segments to ensure that the company identifies and optimizes a clear path to aggressive growth. Assess, build and manage an array of necessary channels capable of delivering on the company’s objectives.
Marketing and Creative: Lead development of the company’s marketing strategy with an emphasis on achieving awareness, relevance, market penetration and sales growth with a particular focus on cost-effective customer acquisition and market demand generation.
Finance and Operations: Direct an operating team ensuring that all core administrative functions are operating at the highest levels of efficiency and effectiveness in service to running an optimized business.
Experience & Expertise
● 10+ years executive level experience leading sales, sales operations, marketing, business development and/or account management organizations ideally at a global organization
● Proven success scaling in growth-stage companies, including ownership of revenue growth for the organization from early stage to materiality
● Experience building and managing integrated, collaborative teams including having led large numbers of salespeople with direct management or skip-level management responsibilities
● An enthusiastic leader; inspiring others to be the best versions of themselves
● Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges
● Deep interest and passion for education; particular experience selling into highereducation a plus
● Strong negotiation and analytical skills
● Able to represent the company at key events
● Thoughtful and intentional decision maker with a bias towards action
● Startup experience a plus: equally strategic, yet willing to roll up your sleeves